Legal Considerations for the Aging and Elderly
Reaching retirement age often brings a sense of urgency to issues such as health care, nursing home planning, and asset protection for future generations. Hoyle Law, LLC, of Allenhurst, New Jersey, is uniquely poised to address the legal needs of the aging baby boomer population.
Hoyle Law represents individuals and couples, as well as children concerned about their elderly parents’ welfare. The firm offers counsel and representation in the full elder law spectrum:
Long-term care planning — helping clients plan for nursing home care/assisted living care, including financing options and qualifying for Medicaid without depleting all savings and assets
Guardianship and conservatorship — court process appointing a son or daughter whom you trust to manage your finances and follow your wishes, or contesting efforts to have a guardian take control of your affairs
- A last will and testament
- Trusts to facilitate transfer of assets to heirs or to put stipulations on inheritance
- Power of attorney in case you become incapacitated
- Living will and advance health care directive to guide family members in medical and end-of-life decisions
- Administration of trusts
Hoyle Law also represents elderly clients or intervenes on their behalf in cases of financial or physical abuse, working with elder care agencies to stop the abuse and recover any misappropriated assets:
- Mistreatment or substandard care in a nursing home
- Victimization by scam artists or theft by caregivers
- Embezzlement by a financial adviser or fiduciary
- Undue influence of a family member to alter a will
The firm offers sound advice and solutions in all elder law matters: reverse mortgages, insurance and retirement benefits’ disputes, and compliance with Medicaid rules.